How to make Pasta with Tuyo and Kinchay
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Yields: 4 servings as a main dish
- 1 box rigatoni or any pasta, pre-cooked
- 1 cup pasta water from the cooked pasta
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to 6 pcs fried tuyo (crispy) finely chopped
- juice of 1 lemon ¼ cup
- 3 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 cup finely chopped kinchay/scallions/cilantro/
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Using a large wok, preheat olive oil for a minute using medium heat.
Add pepper flakes, stir and toast for a minute.
Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Do not brown the garlic.
Add pasta, pasta water and combine well with the oil.
Add chopped tuyo and combine well.
Add lemon juice and zest.
Keep stirring until well combined.
Add and stir in kinchay.
Combine well and cook for a minute.
Turn off heat.
Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.