How to make Pork Menudo
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Yields: 4 servings with steamed rice
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ¼ pound Pork belly or can also use lean pork (boneless country ribs), cut into small pieces (smaller than bite size)
- 3 cups pork broth
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp KNORR LIQUID SEASONING
- 8 oz pork liver, washed with cold water and diced small (same size as the pork)
- 12 oz Russet potato – peeled and diced small
- 2 tbsp liver spread
- 4 oz diced carrots (1 small carrot, peeled and diced small)
- 1 box raisins (1/2 cup)
- ground pepper
- 2 pcs large Filipino Hotdogs (can also use any regular hotdogs) 8 oz, sliced in bias cut, 1 inch thick
- ½ or 4 oz red bell pepper, seeded and diced (same size as potatoes)
- 2 oz green olives, sliced in half. (seeded)
- 1 cup frozen peas
Heat olive oil for a minute. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes over medium to high heat.
Add garlic, stir and cook for 30 seconds.
Add pork and cook for 5 minutes. Cover, stir occasionally making sure it doesn’t get burned.
Add tomato sauce, bay leaves, soy sauce and KNORR LIQUID SEASONING.
Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until pork is tender. Stir occasionally.
Uncover and add liver and potatoes.
Add more broth if necessary.
Add liver spread.
Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
Uncover and add carrots and raisins. Season with ground pepper.
Adjust heat to medium and cover.
Cook for another 5 minutes.
Uncover and add hotdogs and bell pepper.
Add olives. Stir and cover and cook for 2 minutes using medium heat.
Uncover and add peas.
Stir. Cover and turn off stove.
Allow carry over cooking to cook the peas, 2 minutes.
Serve hot with steamed rice.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.