How to make Sizzling Pork Sisig
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Yields: 2 servings as appetizer
- ¾ pound pork belly
- Cooking spray
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Small red onion (1 cup), peeled and finely chopped
- 2 oz pork or chicken liver, washed with cold water and chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp liver spread
- 1 ½ tbsp KNORR LIQUID SEASONING
- 1 ½ tbsp LADY’S CHOICE SANDWICH SPREAD
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ red bell pepper (1/2 cup) seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- Juice of ½ lemon, (4 tbsp)
- 1 cup ground chicharon (pork rinds)
- 1 fried egg (over easy, yolk should be runny)
Boil pork for 30 minutes or longer until fork tender.
Remove from pot and air dry for 4 hours or longer to eliminate excess liquid (this
makes the pork crispier when fried), chop pork into small pieces
Meanwhile, heat a small Dutch oven until smoking hot. Coat heavily with cooking
spray. Add pork pieces, stirring constantly for 5 minutes until brown.
Remove from the pan, set aside.
Add more cooking spray if needed – then add liver and cook for 45 seconds over
medium to high heat until cooked. Remove liver from the pan and set aside.
Add 2 tbsp olive oil into the pan and sauté onion for 30 seconds. Add garlic and cook
for 30 seconds.
Add pork back, stir and cook for 2 minutes over medium to high heat.
Meanwhile, combine liver spread, Knorr, lady’s choice sandwich spread, and soy
sauce in a small bowl. Mash well and add to the pan. Stir well using low heat.
Add red bell pepper and jalapeno and cook for a minute.
Add cooked liver and cook for 30 seconds.
Squeeze lemon juice.
To serve it sizzling – pre heat a cast iron skillet until smoking hot.
Lightly coat it with cooking spray.
Immediately add pork into the skillet and allow it to sizzle.
Add ground chicharon on top and add fried eggs.
Garnish with Thai pepper and serve immediately.