How to make salted fried rice
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes per batch
- Yields: 6 servings with steamed rice.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 dried tuyo or any dried salted fish (1 cup)
- 1 cup carrots, diced small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thigh, cut into small pieces
- 1 Chinese sausage, cut into small pieces
- 3 to 4 cups steamed white rice
- 3 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 cup chopped scallions.
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Ground pepper
- Heat a small pan and coat with cooking spray and add beaten eggs to make an omelette.
- Chop omelette into
small pieces and set aside.
- Add coconut milk and season with ground pepper. Cover and cook for 2 minutes
over medium heat.
- Fry tuyo, cool down and finely chop. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a wok for 1 minute then add chicken and cook for a minute.
- Add diced carrots
and cook for a minute.
- Add garlic and Chinese sausage and cook for a minute.
- Add chopped tuyo/dried
fish, followed by eggs.
- Add rice and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly making sure it is well combined.
- Add soy sauce and ground pepper.
- Add frozen peas and stir for 30 seconds. Add scallions and stir.