How to make creamy kare kare recipe by Meg Burke
- 1 cup rice flour (toasted)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and diceds
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups Chinese long beans or sitaw, cut into large sticks
- 2 egg plant, cut into desired size
- 5 baby bokchoy or pechay
- 2 cups oxtail
- 1 pound tripe
- 2 tbsp achuete powder combined with 2 tbsp canola oil to dissolve.
- Combine toasted rice flour, peanut butter and water in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large wok and sauté the following:
Onion, garlic then add your sitaw, egg plant and bokchoy.
Saute for only 3 minutes – do not over cook as you will combine this with the rest of the cooked ingredients
- Boil your oxtail and tripes with enough water seasoned with salt until fork tender, about 1½ hours.
- Add in your rice flour and peanut butter mixture and combine well.
- Add achuete and oil mixture into the dish. Stir.
- Add half cooked sautéed vegetables and stir in.
- Cover and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve with bagoong.