How to make Ginataang Sitaw with Alimango and Chicharon
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes per batch
- Yields: 6 servings with steamed rice.
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp bagoong or shrimp paste
- 1 can coconut milk (14.5 oz)
- ground pepper
- 1 can crab meat (14 oz) see video
- 1 bunch Chinese long beans, ends or tips removed- about 6 cups, cut into long strips
- 1/2 package pork rinds or chicharon (4 cups)
- Heat oil for a minute and saute onions and tomatoes for 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and shrimp paste, stir and cook for 30 seconds before adding coconut
- Add coconut milk and season with ground pepper. Cover and cook for 2 minutes
over medium heat.
- Grill or pan sautée for 30 seconds each side.
- Add crab meat, stir and cook for a minute.
- Add beans, cover and cook between 2 to 4 minutes or until the beans are cooked.
- Turn off stove and add pork rinds. Stir.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.