How to make Ginataan Bilo Bilo with Buko
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Yields: 14 to 15 as snack
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 can coconut cream
- ½ can condensed milk
- 3 pcs pandan leaves
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 bite size
- 15 sweet rice balls (see separate instructions below)
- 1 jar jack fruit in heavy syrup
- 1 can young coconut, strained
- 2 cups sago (tapioca pearls) cooked
- 4 cups plantains or saba, peeled and cut into ½ inch thickness
- a few drops of ube extract
Bring coconut milk, cream, condensed milk with the pandan leaves in a pot to a boil.
Add sweet potato and cook for 7 minutes over high heat.
Adjust heat to medium and add rice balls, jack fruit (cut into strips) and its syrup. Add tapioca pearl. Stir.
Add young coconut, stir.
Add a few drops of ube extract if using.
Continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
Add bananas. Stir and cook (low heat) for 2 minutes.
Turn off stove. Serve.
HOW TO MAKE SWEET RICE BALLS
1 – ½ cups glutinous rice flour
¼ cup sugar
½ cup water
Combine all ingredients in a bowl until it forms into a clay texture.
Using your clean hands, mold a small portion to a ball.
You should have at least 12 to 15 rice balls.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.