How to make creamy leche flan
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes per batch
- Yields: 2 servings with steamed rice.
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 1 can condensed milk (1 cup)
- 1 can evaporated milk (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lime zest or dayap
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar for caramel
- 2 tsp water
- Put brown sugar in llanera and add water. Place Llanera on stop top and cook for 3 minutes over medium
heat until it caramelized. Set aside.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
Pour custard into llanera.
- Steam on stove top for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool down in the fridge for an hour before inverting and slicing.
- Pour caramel on top for garnish.